We recognize the rising concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) across the communities we serve, and are closely monitoring its impact, with a focus on the health, safety, and well-being of our staff, clients and patients. We assure you that the continued care of your pet is of the utmost importance to us and will remain committed to providing the same high standards of care and personal attention you have come to expect from us as we navigate through this unprecedented time together.
Most importantly, we want you to know that we are taking the measures necessary to serve you and your pet safely and will proceed to adapt our systems as we receive updates on the virus and its impact. At this time, we are asking you to follow the below guidance in the interest of our community’s safety:
- If you are not feeling well, please stay at home or seek medical assistance. We will be happy to authorize another person on your account so that your pet can be treated immediately or make other arrangements for your convenience and safety.
- For new clients, please ensure that you have completed our new patient and client forms and have submitted them electronically prior to arrival. We also encourage you to call our office before your arrival to ensure our team has received the forms.
- We are asking that clients not enter the building in order to minimize contact. When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you call our team at 502-240-0947 to alert them of your arrival; please describe your vehicle and location, so as our staff can locate you. Our staff will meet you at your vehicle and bring your pet inside the facility for their appointment. We ask that while your pet is with our team, that you remain on-site in your vehicle.
- All communication with our staff and doctors following their retrieval of your pet, will be performed via phone. Once your pet has been evaluated, the doctor will call you via phone to review their findings and recommendations, but you may be contacted prior to your pet’s full evaluation for additional information that may be important to the examination. Our staff will also be relaying all estimates via phone and will be requesting verbal authorization from you. If you would like the estimate altered, prior to authorization, the revised estimate will be read to you in full prior to your verbal authorization. Following your examination, and by the end of the day, you will receive our written recommendations or “Treatment Plan” via email.
- We are requesting that all medication refill requests be prepaid. When you arrive to pick-up your pet’s refill, please call our clinic and describe your location and vehicle, and a team member will deliver the medication(s) to you.
Additionally, we are making the following promise to you:
- Any Animal Dermatology Clinic staff member that is feeling ill, will remain home until completely recovered.
- We will be frequently cleaning and disinfecting all areas of our practice using a disinfectant formulated to kill coronavirus among other germs.
- We are adopting safe low-contact practices within our clinics.
We appreciate the trust that you place in our team and our company and we thank you for your understanding and participation as we take these additional measures to ensure we are doing our part in protecting our community.